Who We Are / What We Know
In 2010 Martin Weiss and Matt Mayfield saw a market need for scalable, high skill B2B sales that produces predictable revenue in the German speaking market.
Initially, the company focused on fractional Sales-as-a-Service and used outbound lead techniques as a tool to deliver this service. Outbound lead generation in this hyper-specific use case of DACH+B2B+Technology would become the only offering of BizXpand.
The two founders constantly study how the world’s fastest growing tech companies scale their businesses in various sub markets. They use these best or innovative sales development practices, combine them wisely, and adapt them to the specifics of the German speaking market.
In their opinion, it is at least as important to know which techniques you should not use as it is to have your own experience with these new techniques.
Today, BizXpand are world experts in generating B2B sales meetings in DACH.
Matt and Martin describe BizXpand service as:
“We help sales executives to systematically build good relationships with decision makers in new markets.”
Co-founder and Lead Generation Expert
Martin is a lead generation nerd who constantly follows, tests and implements the latest alternative approaches and adapts them to the German B2B space.
Before co-founding BizXpand in 2010, Martin worked for several international software and IT services companies always in the role of a revenue carrying Sales Manager for the DACH region.
He has a technical background and worked in his first jobs as Hardware and Software Developer. This explains the very structured and engineered process of BizXpand’s service.
Martin was born in Austria, is a native German speaker and lives with his family in Vienna.
Co-founder and Positioning Expert
Matt is an expert at quickly learning about new industries, identifying positionings and differentiators and finding unique methods to enter new market segments.
Outside of BizXpand, he is a regular startup mentor, board member, and sales operations advisor.
Before co-founding BizXpand (and during the early years of BizXpand), he worked as a sales executive and sales operations manager in both Europe and the US.
In his early career, he was an engineering manager, marketing manager, and business unit manager of various global industrial and technology companies.
US born Matt resides with his family in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Frequently Asked Questions
In a nutshell:
- You get meetings and not just “leads”.
- We understand the German market specifics and business culture.
- We only do High-tech, IT and SaaS.
- We are specialized on complex B2B sales to mid-size and large size enterprises.
- You work directly with the BizXpand founders. No junior account management.
We book sales meetings for high-tech B2B companies that want to grow their sales funnel and win more deals in Germany.
Both! Our tactics are ideal to sell high-ticket offers. Characteristics of “high ticket” are:
- consultative selling.
- multiple decision makers/influencers.
- longer sales cycles, no transactional sales.
- higher customer lifetime value (CLV > €30k).
- typical targets: companies between 200 and 5000 employees.
We always start in DACH, after proving message-persona-fit in DACH we can expand our services to other countries in Europe.
Currently we run campaigns in BeNeLux, the Nordics, France, Spain, Italy, Poland, Czech Republic, Ireland and UK.
We charge a monthly retainer plus a meeting fee.
A success-only based business model works well for:
- Low-ticket offers.
- Very short sales cycles.
- Established brands.
- Established markets and market position.
- More transactional sales.
- Less experienced sales staff needed.
We tend to work for companies that meet these criteria:
- High-ticket offers.
- Need new customer acquisition (as they’re in a new market).
- Longer sales cycles.
- Products need to be differentiated and messages need to be developed and market tested.
- Complexity of new market.
- Experienced business developers required.
Most clients we start with, find a very scalable sales approach with BizXpand for the DACH market and above.
Additional benefits include new feedback channels from your target audience (not just from the ones that buy from you, but also the ones that don’t and reasons why). Also, the process of distilling your values into a message-persona-fit usually triggers new ways of thinking about your general value to customers.
- A great offering that people need.
- Funding and energy for 3 months to prove success.
- One time participation of key people (with open minds) for the kickoff workshop + a few hours of followup homework.
- A customer facing salesperson eager to attend meetings and willing to fight to convert them into business.