Due to risks, efforts and costs companies today choose to outsource their international business development functions to local sales partners with experience bringing new products and technologies to the market:
- Turn-key operation and quick start – leverage existing resources.
- Local expertise – a professional firm will have established business networks and expertise that they can leverage immediately.
- Flexibility – An outsourced sales partner offers the ability to “turn-up, turn-down or turn-off” the program if business circumstances change.
- Efficiency – language and proximity facilitates new customer acquisition.
- Scalability – especially in the beginning you want to have your operational costs as low as possible.
If you want to grow internationally, consider outsourcing the sales and business development function to an established and experienced partner while you keep your focus on product development and growing your business in your established markets.