Sales Call Meeting Tune-Up
Fix problem areas and identify new opportunities in your sales calls.
LOCATION: online review of your recorded calls
DURATION: 30 to 90 days
DATE: on demand
WHO IS THE TUNE-UP PROGRAM FOR
It is very common at the higher levels of sports that a trainer would review films of a match in order to fix problem areas or help the athlete to better identify opportunities in the future.
For many years now, this has been a key service Matt Mayfield delivers to higher level salespeople. (Matt does not help athletes) However, the trend in selling toward zoom-style meetings and more concentrated meetings make this easier than ever and demand for the service increases.
WHY YOU NEED TO IMPROVE YOUR SALES CALL MEETINGS
Not just since COVID more and more sales meetings transition from face-to-face to online meetings.
On one hand a big advantage when it comes to meeting efficiency. On the other hand highly efficient (short!) sales calls often become a big challenge for sellers to build relationships and collect insights.
Here’s where this tune-up program steps is.
Zoom-style sales meetings work great for this type of analysis. It is less and less awkward to ask to record a call for training purposes and lots of tools exist to make a recording in a more “shades of grey” hidden way. (Note, in all cases, the recordings are destroyed in the next days.)
In the heat of the battle, both athletes and sales people rely on preparation and instinct to react– few things are better at identifying weaknesses and unexploited opportunities than having an unbiased expert slowly review a real performance. This approach is far more effective that the traditional theory-based sales training or coaching.
Since salespeople have almost never tried this technique, the initial improvements are usually nearly instant and dramatic.
HOW A SALES MEETING ANALYSIS WORKS
Matt Mayfield “The Coach” reviews the recording taking notes on time marks and subjects while looking for things like:
- Did the demo start from the finished result and work backward or did it start like a training course?
- Did the salesperson earn the right to ask questions?
- Did the salesperson use open questions and get the prospect talking about their problem?
- Where was the salesperson earning trust and where was it slipping away?
- Exact wording of key ares: eg. price, weaknesses of the product, objection handling…
- Did the meeting guide the customer, get the strongest close for the day, and setup a followup.
- What questions did the salesperson forget?
Together, Matt and salesperson review the notes.
- The recording can be re-listened when needed.
- Alternatives can be discussed. Alternative language, engagement techniques, etc
- Role playing practice on a specific problematic section (usually a few seconds of conversation) until is works much better.
- Often structure and sequence of the sales call elements will be redesigned as well.
Followup on the next recording review. Did the changes get into the next sales call meeting?
THE SALES CALL MEETING TUNE-UP PACKAGE
3 Cycles of the Analysis: 3 recorded meetings are reviewed with Matt Mayfield over a 30 to 90 day period.
Each cycle includes:
- Review of recording up to 1hr long
- Scheduled 1.5hr review session of notes, corrections, and role playing via zoom-style remote conference.
- Recording of the review session is a deliverable + destruction of any customer recordings.
Cost: €1.600 (+VAT as applicable) paid in advance.
ABOUT MATT MAYFIELD
American born and raised, Matt Mayfield, has been located in Ljubljana Slovenia since 2000 and maintains his business base in the San Francisco Bay Area since 2015. He has a broad industry background in industrial, governmental, telecom, and commercial IT. His business markets have been focused on the Americas, Asia, Europe and Central Europe, with a special focus on the Bay area and VC funded technology companies. Finally, Matt has worked in roles within engineering, marketing, sales, and management.
His career reflects a strong applied creativity to overlapping roles, regions, and industries. This combined with an agile, iterative, team based approach to recycling stalled business ideas and products into new, valuable business streams.
Matt Mayfield provides consulting services through his company Telekta d.o.o. based in Ljubljana, Slovenia for global customers. Matt is also co-founder of BizXpand.