SCALE UP YOUR EARLY STAGE SAAS
MOVE FROM EARLY TRACTION TO SCALABLE REVENUE
THE PROBLEM: In the early stages of SaaS business creation, sales leads are driven by relationships and inbound discovery. This means customers are usually diverse and scalability is slow and complex. Other techniques require highly focused and validated audience-value-message fit.
THE SOLUTION: Targeted outbound 1:1 meeting generation.
TERRITORY: DACH (Germany, Austria, Switzerland).
THE NUMBERS: Setup + 6-week campaign learning sprints, 100% full data control.
COSTS: €2.500 monthly retainer + €250 / sales qualified lead
WHO IS THIS SERVICE FOR
This is a tailored service exclusively for early stage B2B SaaS startups that already have initial customer traction but now want to prepare their business for higher investment-fueled growth and need to prove they are funding ready with a scalable sales model.
VALUE OF OUTBOUND LEAD GENERATION
As an added bonus, when it generates positive meetings, it is a full scalable, low cost lead source and can often become the primary channel for new business scaling. The systems and messages are easily replicated and volumes increased.
Your SaaS product needs to already have some paying customers getting value— aka. validation stage or better.
WHAT WE DELIVER
Clients get 100% visibility and retain all messaging and all prospect information. Dashboards summarize the learning as it materializes for the 6-week learning sprints. Regular reviews result in adjustments and new theories to test in a market segment.
All of this is staffed by BizXpand and no ongoing monitoring is required other than attending the scheduled 1:1 meetings with interested prospects (sales qualified lead – aka. SQL) and participating in the internal review meetings.
- Design of sharp message-audience pairs.
- Definitive market feedback of value and audience assumptions and theories. 6-week sprints.
- Likely, we will have the validated foundation for a scalable outbound lead channel – alone or in a multi-channel cocktail using the learning above (this is the traditional service BizXpand provides to more established SaaS companies.)
Frequently Asked Questions
We book meetings for international software, SaaS, and IT services companies that want to gain more customers in the German speaking markets and beyond.
Both! Our tactics are ideal to sell high-ticket offers. Characteristics of “high ticket” are:
- consultative selling
- several decision makers/influencers
- longer sales cycles, no transactional sales
- higher customer lifetime value (CLV > €30k)
- mid size to large enterprises
We use a value-based sales approach. Companies buy from our clients because of the product value and not because of the personal relationships we have.
That’s why we can sell to the HR Manager in large enterprises but also to the Innovation Manager in insurance companies.
We start in DACH (we best understand the German speaking countries), then we expand our services to other countries in Europe.
A sales qualified lead (SQL) is defined as a scheduled and confirmed call with decision makers or decision influencers within the target market that are interested in a conversation with you to learn more about the offer – a.k.a. “QMA – qualified meeting attended“
In the OUTBOUND LEADS plan, we reach out to 100* new leads per week, this shall result into 4-8 SQLs per month. This is around 72 additional highly qualified calls, demos and meetings with potential new clients per year – directly in your calendar.
*) Volume can be increased to multiples of 100.
A success-only based model works well for:
- Low-ticket offers
- Very short sales cycles
- Established brands
- Established markets and market position
- More transactional sales
- Less experienced sales staff needed
We tend to work for companies that meet these criteria:
- High-ticket offers
- Need new customer acquisition (as they’re in a new market)
- Longer sales cycles
- Brands need to be developed
- Products need to be differentiated and messages need to be developed and market tested
- Complexity of new market
- Experienced business developers required
In these contexts, success-only or commission-only is not such a good idea. 😉 We always charge a retainer and a success fee such as bonus per SQL and commission on revenue.
1. We don’t expect that you have a perfect value proposition ready to go, but ideally you have some good ideas or a proven product-value-fit. Don’t worry, we will develop all that together in the onboarding workshop.
2. You need to have an account executive role to be able to convert the SQLs into sales opportunities and customers (discover the account, explore other decision makers and decision influencers and move them down the sales funnel).
Outbound lead generation is all about generating an uninterrupted and repeatable flow of qualified sales leads and meetings, independent of all the other mostly time-limited marketing campaigns and sales experiments.
Outbound lead generation is also used to objectively test new market segments (geographically, industry, size).
Outbound lead generation shall not be used to quickly find just one new customer. Referrals and relationships work faster here.
After the initial 3 months, OUTBOUND LEADS can be cancelled monthly. No strings attached.
ABOUT MARTIN WEISS
Martin is a passionate B2B sales man. Before he co-founded BizXpand, he worked for several international software and services companies always in the role of a revenue carrying Sales Manager/Director.
We founded BizXpand in 2010 and studied how the world’s fastest growing tech companies scale their business. Constantly we take their best practices in multi-channel lead generation and sales, combine them wisely, and adapt them to the product/market specifics.